Is it possible to steam broccoli without turning into mashed baby food? Yes! The trick is to control the duration of steaming and….read on!
- Broccoli, cut into bite sized pieces
- Fried garlic and its oil (Get the bottled ones so you don’t even need to fry any)
- Chinese cooking wine
- 1 tbsp. soya sauce
- Brush a thin layer of garlic oil on the plate.
- Arrange the broccoli all over the plate.
- place the prawns on top.
- sprinkle a tablespoon of fried garlic with its oil over the prawns and broccoli.
- Sprinkle some wolfberries on top.
- Sprinkle a tablespoon of soya sauce and some Chinese cooking wine.
- Steam for 8-10 minutes.
- TIP: Once done, remove immediately from steamer (otherwise the residual heat will cause the broccoli to overcook).
- Garnish with more fried garlic.
Photo after cooking
photo before cooking
(Note that my broccoli was already 5 days old so it’s already turning yellow..)