- 200 grams Minced pork or beef
- 1 tbsp. Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp. Sesame sauce
- 1.5 tsp huadiao wine (Chinese cooking wine)
- 1 tsp corn flour
- 1 tbsp. salted fish (diced into small bits)
- 2 water chestnuts (cut into coarse bits)
- 3-4 prawns finely chopped up into almost paste like
- 1 egg
- dash of pepper
- Mix all ingredients together (no issue which ingredient goes first) and let it marinade (overnight in fridge or at least few hours).
- Once everything is combined into the meat, take the meat and slam it into the bowl (yes, literally slam) many many times. Doing this will help to tenderize the meat and make it hold well together.
- I like to brush my plate with sesame oil before I put the meat on. Spread the meat on a shallow dish.
- Steam for 7-8 minutes. If you have a larger or thicker portion of meat, you can steam it a little longer but not more than 10 minutes, else the meat will not be tender.
- Garnish with spring onions.